Wednesday, 8 July 2009

Harry's been to the beach quite a bit lately so I went down Harakeke rd with him. Yay the hills on the other side of the hill road are finally open so I took him up there. Cool to have some steeper hills to ride on. He was good just cruising around them and then got a bit hyped up at the bottom a couple of times after I trotted him up a few. Just made him walk up the hills until he did it quietly and then when I trotted I waited until we were a little way up and then asked him to trot, or just kept walking if he got hyped up.

I wanted to jump Giant again, took him down there, but even just trotting around it was redicuously wet, so I took him out the same way as Harry. Trotted down the verge till we got to the new road and then up the hill just after the trees... its pretty steep, but then up hill isn't such a problem.

We went across to the new hills, was a very cool ride, it was late in the arvo with the sun setting and you can see pretty much 360 from up there. Good exercise for him on the hills, and good to have some steeper hills to practise on now. He was a good boy, started with easy hills and then zig zagged down much steeper ones, if he wanted to stop I just let him and actually rewarded him for it (its much better that he stops and collects himself than rushes down), then just quietly pushed him down again. Trotted and cantered him up a few hills and just kept letting him take him time going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment