Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Another excitingly windy and freezing cold day! I'd better face it, winter is here :? :(.

Took Giant for a hack down Harakeke Rd (the new one to the left over the bridge) he was being really good despite the wind and we went for a trot up the road... except that around the corner there was a thing on the side of the road all taped off, lots of flapping plastic. Stop dead, snort, spin, fuss around. Lots of fun there, but I think he really did just get a fright from it, he was being a drama princess but once I got him past it he was good again. They've done a lot of development on the road and I just rode straight down the middle of it, they've also made a few drive ways up and down the hill so we went up there and then for a good long trot down the road. He was pretty good coming back past the thing on the side of the road, got on his toes a bit but didn't do anything.

Much less exciting ride on Harry (thankfully lol), I was going to take him to the beach but he seemed to want to go over the bridge so we went to the main road instead, hes so cruisey hacking out most of the time now (hes back in a halter too), we just walked and trotted to the highway and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment