Wednesday, 24 June 2009

Giant had a bit of a fat knee, it doesn't look too bad, but I don't really like where it is -off fore on the outside at the bottom of his knee, where he has a splint already. Theres no marks so more likely hes strained it a bit, or it could be related to that splint, so best to lay off him a bit till it sorts out. So we just went down to the paddock and had a play...

Hes getting heaps better with the ball, and even started to enjoy it. Started out again with me kicking it and him following around, while I do this I concentrate on his leading, keeping him light off the pressure, not worrying about the ball, but focusing on what I'm asking him. Then kicking it all around him, esspecially under his nose, he doesn't like it when he suddenly sees it from his other eye.

He "got it" today, with actually kicking it along, he was better staying straight and going a run on a few times with it. Having it kicked towards him is still his biggest worry, esspecially if he doesn't know its coming.

We also did some work with the tarp, which he was suprisingly good with. He has a bit of a snort at it then walked over fine. So we moved on to dragging it next to him while he walked and throwing it over him.

Did some jumping with Death Bitch 2000, I was totally right, once you start cantering he changes... hes a hold on and steer, but it was fun and he enjoyed it.

Just warmed him up for 10mins trot and canter on a longish rein and then popped him over cross rails in trot. In trot he just pops over really sweetly, the first time I jumped him in canter he did too, but then the second time he started to get excited about it. Put up a tiny vertical, first time he was nice and calm, but knocked it down, that hyped him up and he jumped huge, he would have been pretty cool when he was young, he was suprisingly springing.

Had another go at the hoof ball and he got it too. He doesn't worry about it at all and he started to kick it properly and walk along with it, I just correct him everytime he tries to walk around it, but he didn't try to back away today. He looks like he wants to push it with his nose, but he hasn't quite worked that one out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment